First Beach Day 2020

 
   

Finally, sand, ocean and sunshine.
I love sandy beaches so much, I’m surprised I don’t own a beach house by now. I don’t go nearly as much as I should.






Anyway, I’ve been researching beaches near Philly that don’t require a fee or beach pass. Last year when my family and I decided to go to Ocean City, NJ, there was a woman sitting in a chair at the beach entry trolling. She stopped our group and said we needed to have wristbands to go on the beach. Needless to say, we were shocked. All the years we’ve been going to Ocean City, or Wildwood to take the kids to the ocean and have a good time enjoying nature. I think Wildwood is still free, but I checked to see other options that might be closer, and possibly less crowded. I came across Keansburg, NJ. 





I put my bikini on, told Summer to get ready, and packed up my backpack with towels. It was kind of late in the day to start to driving to a beach, but I asked Summer did we care? And we both said “No.” haha. On the way I picked one of my nephews up to join our little trip, and we hit the road. 




Once we got there, it was a parking lot, with a Kiosk machine that only took cash or coins. Across the street, was a Spanish restaurant called La Playa, which had a live band outside. We were so happy to finally touch sand that we didn’t worry about eating yet. The people on the beach was pretty spread out, so we found a good spot and set up our zone. Summer and Qais went straight for the water, as I got my chill playlist going on the Bluetooth speaker. Eventually, I got to the water, which was surprisingly not as cold as I expected. 


After a while, we did get hungry. I ended up ordering with Grubhub from a place called Kazia’s. I ordered the chicken fingers, and cauliflower crust pizza. It was nice that I had the convenience of the driver bringing our food to the beach entry. Kind of expensive, though, when I realized it was $30 for a personal pizza, and 8 chicken strips that didn’t even come with fries, ketchup or sauce. The kids were complaining, but we just ate some and got back to chilling on the scene. Shoutout to Grubhub.








Comments

Popular Posts